Contemporary Kantha work


The space in between ...


For this small project I used my home experimented & naturally dyed fabric, and a very pretty tie dye silk scarf I found at the thrift store.


“Why struggle to open a door between us when the whole wall is an illusion?” 
― Rumi








I also attempted to make a kantha worked flower out the left over material from my tea cosy project. It still needs a little bit more grooming;  I was not able to attach the petals properly.


The decorative beaded disc is from india which I sewed to a stuffed felt centre. I do have some green saree material from which I want to make a suitable leaf(or leaves) for it..

Now, I have a whole twig branch to fill in with all different crafts.


Thank you so much for stopping by today,

till next time,

xxx,
Gaia




2 comments:

  1. lots and lots of stitching on this piece, very nice and the flower is a beauty, look forward to seeing the leaves too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to stop by!!! Very interesting post!

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !