Kantha stitched flower vase


to hold the summer memories.....
Although, we didn't have a much of a summer weather this year, I drew a sketch for this project, inspired by the lovely gardens that I saw in and round my neighbourhood..



This is a small piece and, it took couple of weekends to complete. I used one layer of cotton and, to add more texture, for the doily part I added piece of home dyed fabric.



a weaving piece that I have been working on for sometime time..not much progress




-------------------------------------



 tiny tea trio was a purchase at Homesense Canada. (25 g  of black loose leaf tea) 



Thank you for stopping by,

till next time,

Gaia

3 comments:

  1. How could I not stop by ? Everything you make is always SO beautiful and inspiring. LOVE LOVE your sketches, wish I could do such ones, it's the only things preventing me from trying ... :D

    In stitches,
    NADINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is lovely, Gaia. The British tea tins are too cute. I've often wished that more tea companies sell sampler quantities of their teas instead of the standard 50 or 100g!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice bouquet of summer flowers! The tea tins are cute, and I'm sure you'll find a use for them long after the tea has been enjoyed :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !