Over the weekend I spent time completing the border for the SpringSareequilt. I also thought of adding running stitches on the border with cotton craft yarn. There is still bit more work to be done on this project.
These are some of the pencil colour drawings I did over the weekend as well. This weekend had an extra day to relax as it was a holiday celebrating ' Victoria Day' here in Canada.
I patched the smaller squares and made eight larger ones.
Using the slip stitch,I joined the larger squares together..Now, I have to work on the rest of the pattern. I still do not what size I want this to be. I think, that all depend on the amount of yarn I have in the colour scheme I have chosen. So far, I manged with Bernat yarn (100% acrylic made in Canada) which I have gathered from thrift-stores. I still have few balls left.
Yard Sale finds !!
My neighbourhood church recently had their annual yard sale. Here are few that I useful things I got.
Cost for the yarn lot was $4. The dish is stoneware from Japan, which is well made and has a nice design to it. I just chose a random over for it. They both were 0.25cent each.
The green and brown bag is from a Canadian designer (googled and found out) anatomyofaskirt.com
it was 0.50cent. and it is very new.
The flowered one has a Cath Kidston label. (which I know a designer from UK) It is bit discoloured on the side, and was also 0.50cent.