Octagonal Motif Throw...

Here is the finished one.

It is small n' cute; measures 25x25 inches.
Since, I use thrift store yarn most of the time, and not always that they have labels on them, I tried my best to use ones with similar textures. That way, when the motifs were joined, it would not be too much puckered or uneven.
I am pleased with the result, and if I want to make a bigger one with a similar pattern, now I have the confidence to do so.

It spent sunday morning at the park, for these pictures. :)

Thank you for stopping by for a peek,


Almost the weekend...

Adding stitches to the Saree Quilt.................

Octagonal Motif throw....looking forward to finish it
All yarn are from, the thrift stores in my town....I am impressed with variety of colours, that I was able to find. At first, I wanted to leave (without filling in the spaces) the diamond shapes that were created, after joining the octagons. Then I found the purple grey yarn,  I tried square, it fitted in perfectly, and it blends-in nicely too.

On my recent visit to the thrift store,I bought this bag of yarn for $3. I got it, even though,I did not know what candlewick cotton is/was used for. I thought of doing some crocheting.
A bit of google search led me to this link and many other images. It says the yarn is from 1950s, made in UK. This lot seems to be in very good condition with its original labels(I think);only bit yellowed.

I tried a sample of crocheting and it turned out quite well. I have 12 skeins put in to an idea.

Strutts Candelwick Cotton

The cross stitch kit  is also from the thrift store,was 0.99 cents. I' m looking forward to this project.

Thank you for stopping by .... have a wonderful weekend,

Things I did in June....

Inspiration and, my interpretation of Gustav Klimt - The Kiss I am pleased with my effort here. Two small collage/applique pieces.  as my gu...

Top 3 !