I pieced the blocks by hand; which took awhile to do so. There were days I stayed up very late doing all the stitching because I was so very impatient.
I had enough cotton batting left from the last project so I did pin it to the top layer. Now, all that is left is to make a layer for the backing. I have found few more pieces of saree material which needs to be stitched together. It is coming along..
~ On crochet ~
So far, on my attempt to create this 1970's afghan.
Out of the colours, I chose to crochet the octagonal motif, I ran out two shades of green. (manged 4 octagons)
After making few more incorrect rounds, I think I managed to make these some what similar to the ones in the magazine.
I had to look for another combination greens at the thrift store and, found these two; hopefully they will blend in with the rest. I think the new greens will last for couple of motifs, then I have to look for two other shades :)
I like the challenge to create something out of all thrift-ed yarn, and also to try and make it appealing at the same time. It certainly will be different from the original.
Thank you for taking a moment to have a peek,
till my next post,