Shades of yellow...

snowflakes and christmas trees...



Since, I got the embroidery book I was looking forward start on a project. The two new stitches I learnt, I was easy ones; backstitched chain stitch and  fern stitch. I still need more practice to get even stitches and also must get use to working with the hoop. 


Later,I incorporated the piece and made runner for my night table. I used  much as possible yellows I possibly could find from my bag of remnants. Also, added a lamp with some lace. All is hand sewed.



The snowflakes are gift for a friend. The pattern....is from this blog.




Christmas tree pattern is from here; Crochet Geek.The pattern is both in video (left and right hand)and as well as has written instructions. The completed tree is about 2 inches in height. As for the decorative items, I sewed in what ever the little things I had in my craft box.



Thank you stopping by for a peek,

till next time,
xxx,
Gaia

4 comments:

  1. god to see you are using your new stitches in a project, the runner looks great and you have some very nice bits and pieces for Christmas might have a go at the snowflakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh - everything is really beautiful! Love your embroidery Gaia - which book are you using? All so inspiring as always :) :) Alison xx

    P.S. I LOVE the lamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice projects. I love the little Christmas trees and the embroidery is lovely. I love embroidery and now have the urge to get stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your backstitched chain and fern stitches look really well done and your runner looks lovely. Very nice snowlflakes and the Christmas trees are really cute.

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !