Finished saree quilt...


It is finally done, nearly after 9 months. This weekend being bit gloomy and all, I took it over to the park to for the photographs, hoping little more light.


This quilt measures approx. 80 inches x 58 inches.  All is done by hand, except for joining the blocks initially, for which I used the machine.





This is the second quilt I made using cut-off saree pieces, you can see the first one here. What a difference between the colour schemes of the two.  For this quilt I use synthetic batting instead of cotton, so it is much lighter than first one. There is more saree remnants to start the third one :) 

--------------------------------

Baby Blanket ;
for a family member who's having a baby this week. I hope to finish it at least by the end of the month. 


Thank you for stopping by for a peek,

till next time,
xx
Gaia

3 comments:

  1. your quilt is beautiful, it could not have been easy seeing such slippy fabric but you have really mastered the art of doing so. The baby blanket looks nice and cosy for a new born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your quilt is gorgeous! So neat to make it from saree pieces, and I love the hand stitched motifs. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing your quilt Gaia! It looks amazing, and I love the colour combinations. So much gorgeous hand stitching! I guess you won't miss working on it if you have quilt #3 already in your mind ;) The baby blanket looks so soft! I'm sure it will be well received by the new baby. Enjoy your week! Did you enjoy that bitter wind this morning?! My cheeks are still burning after walking the dog, and it's not even really cold yet! I definitely need to knit myself some more warm scarves and a better woolly hat! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !