A Rustic Quilt

I was at a bargain store recently,and came across these printed cotton scarfs. I immediately thought of a quilt.



They were of perfect size and 50cents each. I chose go with these earthy tones.

Instead of batting, I used one of my old cotton bed sheets . I used thrift store material for the backing and for the rest of the boarder. The thread I used for quilting were crochet; 25cents each from a neighbourhood garage sale.


The squares are not pieced exactly to the precision as it was my intention to create more of a rustic look.


The total cost is less than 10dollars :)


I do like the feel of it. What do you think?

xxx,
Gaia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !