Applique on ...

Gunny sack /burlap sack/jute

My friend and I were at a fair traded organic coffee shop the other day, and we saw that the empty sacks are on sale for $2. We both purchased sacks wanting to try some form of creative work on it. I did a few  sketches and opted to try out this applique for a window panel.


I separated the sack into two by trimming the off the edges, and used one piece to create this.



blanket stitches all over......




some work with ribbon, and felt ...

summer garden

I did put the backing and the border with some blueish grey material and sewed a casing for the rod. This is my experimental project and I do like the way it turned out.  I think I will be going to the coffee shop to buy a couple of more sacks :)

And, as for this one, I will be giving away as a gift. 

xxx,
Gaia 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !