Experimental Landscape

Feels like autumn 

This is an experimental piece I did inspired by the this painting that I saw in the 'International Artist.com' magazine.


As I would do with the painting, I tried to build the landscape adding layers of fabric. I have not used any kind adhesive to hold the fabric. I cut the shapes and held them with pins first and then ran the running stitch. I tried my best to make the stitches even as possible.


First I added the background colours;



Then middle ground layers; such as the trees,leaves





Finally the foreground. I did use the running stitch as the main stitch and some back stitch as well, also tried my hand doing some french knots for extra texture.




I do like the warm colours and the rustic feel of it but is it an applique or a collage??

Thank you for stopping by,

Until next time,

x.x.x
Gaia



5 comments:

  1. Very clever and quite attractive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Henry. I want to try another.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Gaia. It's both an appliqué and a collage, or it's whatever you want to call it. Very lovely! I've enjoyed visiting your blog. I see you painted a pomegranate in a previous post--I'm working on a pomegranate tree (art quilt), which is rather large in size and I may not see the end of it. But I do love pomegranates. I also saw your darning picture which I LUV'd! I've been wondering what one could do with it and there you gave me inspiration! Looking forward to following your creative/artistic adventures!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Nadia for your lovely comment it is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job! Looks very much like the inspiration photo. I had to laugh at your question - collage or applique'? I too am often at a loss for what to call my pieces - art quilts? fabric art? textile art? Nothing quite seems to fit, does it?

    ReplyDelete

Almost end of summer

  Few more paintings done with gouache and watercolours                                                                   Gouache on paper  ...

Top 3 !