Baby Afghan - [learning to crochet left hand]

My lesson 2 [left hand]
Solid Square Baby Afghan; here is the link I followed. http://www.crochetgeek.com/2009/02/solid-square-baby-afghan.html

  

For my next lesson, I looked for something simple to start with and was excited when I found this project on the same website I learnt my basics. The instructions did say that it is suitable for a beginner. I still am not able to read the printed pattern well but after watching the demonstration video several times and ripping off and starting all over again many many times, I kind of figured out how it is worked. 


I counted each row to make sure the number of stitches it should have. There were moments I thought I was never going to understand how this worked, but I did not give up ! 

I also learnt how to change colours.....



... and how do reverse single crochet for the edging ....




.... and how make chain stitch flowers ...


they are not perfect yet



This was a good practice piece. [it measures roughly about 25x25 inches] Now that I have completed it, I wish I can show it to someone who is a crocheting expert. Nevertheless, I am happy with what I have achieved. 

... ... last but not least I managed to find Susan Bates guide book with left hand instructions. It has the basics and all the terminology etc. and some projects. I want to say thank you  www. crochetgeek.com  for her valuable videos and instructions.


I am already thinking about my next project ....................... !!!

Thank you for always stopping by,

Until next time,
xxx,
Gaia








4 comments:

  1. Bravo, Gaia, you did a good job! Go on, go on, it is great fun. And look out for crochet instructions in youtube - you will find lovely things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaia, you've done an amazing job on this blanket! The yarn looks very soft and fine ... love the delicate little flowers. I'm always amazed at how quickly people seem to work up a crochet project. YouTube is SO helpful for seeing exactly how to work those stitches. I could struggle over a written instruction for ages, and then find it on YouTube and understand it in an instant. You are hooked on crochet now ;) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. Once I figured out, I really enjoyed it. I have found few more basic projects that I want to try, hopefully I can keep my motivation going :) - Gaia

      Delete
  3. you have picked up the crochet very quickly, lovely balnket and the flowers have worked very well.

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !