Flower [Learning left hand crocheting]

Coasters

This is my attempt to crochet flower coasters.  After watching several videos on 'how to' on YouTube, I opted to try this flower by elizzza , one of the youtube videos. Thank you, Anneliese [one of my blogger friends]for suggesting  the site.


The tutorial is called 'african flower' and is done in right hand. I watched it many times but it is not easiest  for me understand.  After, several times of watching  her instructions, I wrote them down the best way I could understand.

But, still I do not feel I got it right, specially the green one looks smaller than the other two. Maybe I missed stitches on the way :(


I did not do the whole square either, just the flower part only. It looks ok for me, but for all I know, an expert in crocheting will tell me that I have done it 'all wrong'.


Also, did a small place mat [with single crochet] to go with coasters.



There is lot learn, so I 'll keep practising ! This will be a summer gift for a friend [she knows that I am still in the learning stage]


Thank you for always stopping by,

Until next time,
xxx,
Gaia

2 comments:

  1. your crochet is coming on in leaps and bounds and I am even more impressed as you are a left handed, must be hard following instructions when they are back to front for you, will check out Anneliese`s recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crocheting looks really good! I have a daughter who is left-handed and I just couldn't figure out how to teach her even though I borrowed a library book on left-handed crocheting. There was no YouTube then. She crochets right-handed now though.

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !