Balance continued...

contemporary kantha work..

Another small piece to add to my theme "balance"

This piece includes natural dyes from blueberry,raspberry, henna, pomegranate skins, turmeric and tea. The colours turns out subtle because I keep the fabric in for a very short period of time.



It took about 3-4 months to complete the piece.



(you can click on the images to make them larger)




“Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” 

― RumiEssential Rumi




I also added a tea dyed piece of crocheted lace which I found at the church yard sale. 

If more ideas pop into my head there will be another one to the collection. 
Though at the beginning, I always feel the process is too tedious and wish I never started; I do feel happy when I see the final result. It is worth the effort.

Thank you for taking time to stop by,

Until next time,
xxx,
Gaia


3 comments:

  1. you have certainly been busy using natural dyes, I am loath to admit I have only ever tried tea and coffee shame on me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Gaia, SO worth the effort to see this through to the end!! Love the texture from the embroidery, and the natural dyes look amazing. You always come up with beautiful designs too. I know of a couple of other bloggers that do a lot of natural hand dyeing that you might be interested in (Hilde at http://granheim2.blogspot.ca/ and also Kathy at http://kathyinozarks.blogspot.ca/ ) Hilde dyes mostly yarns with amazing results, and Kathy dyes natural fibre fabrics like silk. Kathy tries out some really interesting methods. I really love your work, and the tea-dyed lace for trim works so well together. Have a great day! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. I am glad that I did not give up on this one. And, thank you recommending those lovely blogs. I did checked them out and joined Hilde's blog; apart from natural dyeing she got some crocheting too.
      - Gaia

      Delete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !