Darned !

 Watermelon ... !!


This ripped piece of watermelon provided inspiration to start this darning project.


I used cotton thread from the $1[one dollar] store.


I wish, I used a lesser contrasting pink for the very top layer.

If you like to read more about daring technique please see Stitch Magazine online free tutorials. http://www.embroiderersguild.com/stitch/projects/darning/index.html This link is an old one from one of my previous posts about darning.


Thank you for taking time to stop by,

Until next time,
xxx,
Gaia

7 comments:

  1. I like this way of stitching and designing with thread - it will be on my to-try list. And thank you, Gaia, for visiting and commenting on my little bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for the link - I was there! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Gaia! I'm glad you're still getting inspiration with a summertime feel to it ;) I used to subscribe to Stitch, but haven't been into the sewing much lately. They always have such inspirational projects. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. Stitch is such a wonderful magazine, although I find it a little expensive, it does carry out beautiful projects.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for commenting - you see, my things are getting smaller and smaller

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really neat and very nicely done too. Thanks for the link. I would like to try this technique sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !