I started this project several months ago, from a craft magazine called 'Americana Afghans' published in 1974.
After browsing through the projects, I was tempted to try out this particular throw, which had a vintage look and, I also wanted to learn something other than a granny square.
Since, I do all my crocheting using thrift-ed yarn it was also a challenge to find all suitable yarn.
I got this far... I would have liked to complete the whole blanket with the exact number of motifs, according to the pattern, but I got bit impatient as I have not been able find more yarn of the similar shades at the thrift stores lately.(specially the greens) I found lots other colours and want to start something else and did not want this project to get neglected, for a longer period, so I thought to finish it with what I had.
|from the magazine|
continuing on with hand stitching.. this is the border.
Thank you for stopping by today,
till my next post,