Completed wall quilt and our tea group meeting





So, I have finally completed the quilt.  All stitching is done on 3 layers of cotton fabric. (two of yellow and one white) I used a thicker needle so it would easy to pass the thread through 3 layers. There is no batting added to this piece, only the fabric layers.

I wonder how many thousands of little stitches are there.....


All fabric and thread used are remnants from here and there. I didn't buy anything new.

some beaded tassels too..





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our tea group meet-up on 29 July ; High Tea and Nicol's  http://www.nicols.ca/, at Woodbridge, Ontario

I have been part of the Tea and Card exchange group (met via blogging) for almost two years now and, this was the first time that I was able to make it to a meet-up.

L-R  Wendy, myself, Judith, Margie, Sandra  (photo credit Margie)



few pictures I took

What a lovely afternoon it was ..thank you, ladies !!!

high tea menu
choice of organic teas, homemade scones with chantilly cream, finger sandwiches, mini pastries and cookies

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

more summer gardens from my weekend walks ; this garden is full of plastic decorations





these white hydrangeas are so big...

Thank you for stopping by,

till next post,

Gaia


5 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out so well, Gaia - all those vertical quilting lines must have taken a lot of time. Beautiful! I'm a bit envious of your tea gathering! Lots of pretty sights along your walking route. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely! It must feel satisfying to use up some of your materials.

    It was great to finally meet you! Thank you for making the 2-hour trek to Nicol's, as well as the sweet floral brooch. Your camera takes great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely wallhanging. have you thought maybe to embroider family names on the leaves and then it would be a family tree?
    How good to meet up with other bloggers for afternoon tea and of course lots of chatting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new wallhanging is beautiful Gaia! Love all the details and the beads at the bottom :) It was so nice to finally meet up with you after a few years of chatting together through our blogs. Love those hydrangeas! You have some nice areas to walk through.
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love your wallhanging quilt Gaia :) Amazing stitching! I love that it's made from thrifted fabric - makes it extra special :) Looks like a lovely meet up - nice to meet like-minded folk :)

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !