Completed wall hanging..


for my aunt.



I did not use any wadding, instead I stitched the design on two layers (for the middle I used another thin cotton fabric) and used same mustard fabric for the backing. Then using the running stitch, sewed around the design to hold all three layers together.




The finished piece measures roughly 36x23 inches. I do like the combination of mustard, purple and blues. I hope my aunt likes it too. She only saw the initial sketch.




here is my third attempt on punch needle;

working side                                                                                                              completed side



                                                                           

I added  a backing with some woolen fabric using the blanket stitch.


this piece measures roughly around 7x5 inches. There is lot to improve, as you can see some of the loops are way to long; they are not on a equal length.



I found this design on google images.



Hope you have a wonderful Easter/Passover weekend,

Thank you for stopping by,

till next time,

xox,
Gaia



5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work, just LOVE it :D Gongratulations, and HAPPY EASTER !

    In stitches,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, Gaia. I'm sure your aunt will love the pretty wall hanging. I smiled when I saw the two bunnies. Thanks again and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful wall hanging Gaia! Your aunt will love it! Very cute little rabbits as well. Happy Easter!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour combination on the wall hanging. Great work! Cute bunnies, too.

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !