An..

invitation to enjoy a sweet cup of tea ..





“Tea ... is a religion of the art of life.” 
― Kakuzō OkakuraThe Book of Tea

**

“If you are cold, tea will warm you;
if you are too heated, it will cool you;
If you are depressed, it will cheer you;
If you are excited, it will calm you.” 
― William Ewart Gladstone




I still have not added the backing for the piece, and I also do not know how best I can display it.  The design is from one of my past work that I did on jute (you can see a picture of it on the bottom of the blog page).

I' m also contemplating, if I should fill in rest of the background with the running stitch as well. I took photos as I was too excited to show it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Up-cycled...( i think)

a fun crafty project of turning this empty jute tea package into a colourful a little bag.






where are you spring ....... 





Thank you for stopping by,

till next time,

Gaia


4 comments:

  1. This gorgeous embroidery of yours just gives me the need of a nice cup of tea :D How nice to have this on the table, when sipping quietly... LOVE IT THANKS for the inspiration !

    In stitches,
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a charming tea time embroidery! I especially like the unique details of the teacups. I couldn't believe it when I saw the light dusting of snow outside. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun piece Gaia, and brought a smile to my face ;) I love it just the way it is (ie, with a plain background), but I know how you like to embellish! Very cute! I also like what you did with the jute bag. I hope you're doing well ... will it ever warm up?! At least the snow here is only flying around in the air. Take care,
    Wendy xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the curving stitches in your piece, and I wonder if filling in the background would blur those. You are so creative. It's spring here, with rain, but flowers, too.

    ReplyDelete

Monday...

Some more of my water color work. I really enjoyed painting Golden Girls and I love Lucy.  I have watched both series so many times. Gol d e...

Top 3 !